Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Frequent database corruption
Author Helen Borrie
At 01:32 AM 24/07/2007, you wrote:
> > Describe exactly what you mean by "an embedded device".
> >
> > ./heLen
>
>This is a box without keyboard or screen, with a processor (VIA Samuel
>2@400MHz), 128 MB RAM, a network interface, 2 DSPs, a serial
>connection, 2 IDE hard drives, running Linux 2.4.21 (i386) + sshd +
>httpd + firebird + some other services.
>
>We allways set 'forced writes' to 'on'.

More questions:

1. Have you downloaded the v.1.5.4 release notes? The Bug Fixes
chapter has a long list of fixes done since the v.1.5 and 1.5.1 releases.

2. If three-year-old Firebird 1.5.1 is causing problems, why would
you keep using it, when there are three later sub-releases?

3. What is the firebird.conf setting for RemoteFileOpenAbility?

4. What is the application interface, and how do clients access the
host device?

5. Are you using any third-party UDFs? If yes, are you running any
UDFs that make connections to the database?

./heLen