Subject RE: [firebird-support] Stripping non numerics from a string column
Author Nigel Weeks
You should be able to do it with a simple stored procedure, leveraging the
substr and strlen UDF's that are supplied with Firebird.

Simply traverse your input variable, one character at a time, until you get
to the strlen of it.
For each character, test if it's >=0 and <=9, and if it is, append it to a
temporary variable.

At the end of the procedure, simply suspend the temporary variable to get it
out.

Nigel Weeks
Tech Support and Systems Developer
Rural Press Tasmania