Subject Re: c# connection string datasource
Author rkamarowski
all fields are now defined, and still the same error???

bob k.

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Bradley"
<jeff_bradley@...> wrote:

> Here is an example of one of my connection strings (note: I changed
> User and Password to protect the guilty)
>
> strConn = "User=XXXXXX;" +
> "Password=xxxxxx;" +
> "Database=d:\\data\\test_datawarehouse.fdb;" +
> "DataSource=localhost;" +
> "Port=3050;" +
> "Dialect=3;" +
> "Charset=NONE;" +
> "Role=;" +
> "Connection lifetime=0;" +
> "Connection timeout=15;" +
> "Pooling=True;" +
> "Packet Size=8192;" +
> "Server Type=0";
>
> I don't know if you need to specify every parameter like I did, but
> you may need to specify the Port and Packet Size. Also, are you by
> any chance running a local firewall?
>
> --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "rkamarowski"
> <rkamarowski@> wrote:
> >
> > Jeff,
> >
> > i've tried 'localhost', 'local' and null (dataresource=;), and i'm
> > still getting the error. this is a local database, and the 'test
> > connection' always come back as successful.
> >
> > here's the code that's making the call:
> >

> > string connStr;
> > connStr = "User=SYSDBA;" +
> > "Password=masterkey;" +
> > "Database=c:/photography/databaase/csharp/rak-photography.fdb;" +
> > "DataSource=localhost";
> >
> > FbConnection conn = new FbConnection(connStr);
> > conn.Open();
> >

> > bob k.
> >
> > --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Bradley"
> > <jeff_bradley@> wrote:
> > >
> > > The Datasource refers to the server name not the System DSN - I
would
> > > imagine you would set it to "localhost" (unless you are accessing it
> > > across the LAN/WAN).
> > >
> > > Jeff
> > >
> > > --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "rkamarowski"

> > up on
> > directory to

> > Firebird/InterBase(r)

> > FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionPool.Create()
> > > FirebirdSql.Data.FirebirdClient.FbConnectionPool.CheckOut()

C:\Photography\Software\rak-photography\rak-photography\rak-photography\FormMain.cs:line

C:\Photography\Software\rak-photography\rak-photography\rak-photography\Program.cs:line
assembly,
assemblyFile,

> Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
> System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object
System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext
> > dataSource,

FirebirdSql.Data.Client.Gds.GdsDatabase.Attach(DatabaseParameterBuffer