Subject RE: [firebird-support] test.fdb is not a valid database
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:53 PM 18/07/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Andre,
>
>I already tried
>mydb=machinename:c:\dbfolder\test.fdb in aliases.conf
>and tried to connect using FlameRobin.
>It doesn't work
>If I don't include "machinename:" it works.

Try this:

in aliases.conf:

mydb = c:\dbfolder\test.fdb

Connecting remotely to your database:

machinename:mydb

Of course, it has to be the case that the network recognises
'machinename' as a TCP/IP node. On Windows, the server's node name
(for Windows networking - see the property sheet under My Computer)
will get properly associated automatically if TCP/IP is running.

If the host name that you want to use is NOT the network node name of
the host machine, you can still make it happen by making an entry in
the hosts file (located in c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ on XP),
as long as you make sure that the associated IP address is the one
that your machine is using to signal its presence to the rest of the network.

./heLen