Subject Re: isc_unavailable
Author mspencewasunavailable
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Dmitry Yemanov <dimitr@...>
wrote:

> Helen Borrie wrote:
> >
> >> Can someone tell me what circumstances might cause
isc_unavailable
> >> to be reported?
> >
> > AFAIR, this is the error that occurs when there's a request to
> > connect to a database while the server is not running.
>
> More often it's reported when the server cannot be accessed
locally (via
> XNET or IPC). This may be caused by the client library version
mismatch.
> Also, for Vista, the IpcName config setting adjustment is needed.
>

> Dmitry

The client's supposed to be accessing FB via TCP/IP to localhost.
Is there any Vista-related adjustment to be made in this case?

When this occurs, I was led to believe that the client had
successfully connected and performed a number of operations,
including creating the database and converting some of the tables,
but this is happening in another town so I have to depend on a non-
programmer's impressions of what's actually happening. I'll get him
to try again as soon as I can reach him and have him poke around a
bit. I'll also ask for the log file.

Thanks!

Michael D. Spence
Mockingbird Data Systems, Inc.