Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Exists a debug mode for firebird ?
Author Milan Babuskov
Guido Klapperich wrote:
>>Of course, it's available for download just as regular builds. I guess
>>you missed it, but it's right there on the website.
>
> Now I found it, thanks. Do I just have to exchange my current
> fbserver.exe with the debug version to get more detailed information in
> the firebird.log?

No, you need a debugger. There are three ways to use it:

1. run fbserver.exe in debugger
2. run fbserver as usual and attach debugger to it (I don't know if
Microsoft's debugger can do that as gdb can?)
3. let it crash and load the core dump into debugger (once again, I know
how that works with Linux/GDB but have no idea about Windows version)

If nobody here knows, I suggest you ask at the devel list.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://fbexport.sourceforge.net