Subject Re: Undocumented internal encrypt/decrypt in FB
Author mspencewasunavailable
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, eMeL <emel@...> wrote:

> > The page level database encryption can be enabled with just a macro
> > definition turned on at the compile stage. But so far nobody was
able to
> > provide a key management scheme that would satisfy all the engine
> > favors. Sorry, but the embedded case usage only is not enough for
the
> > feature to be committed.
>
> A non good shielded encryption is better than the nothing ;)

I agree. At a local hardware store I can buy a pre-hung door. Such
doors usually have a hole for a latch mechanism, and I can choose one
without a lock or I can spend a great deal of money on a very secure
lock. I could drill the hole myself, but it's much simpler if the
manufacturer does it.

We're just asking for the hole.

Michael D. Spence
Mockingbird Data Systems, Inc.