Subject Re: [firebird-support] FB Embed on Windows Vista?
Author Fulvio Senore
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis ha scritto:
> Hi Fulvio,
>

>> FB embedded 2.0.1 does not work on Windows Vista, at least in my tests.
>> This is confirmed here:
>>
>> http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-1207
>>
>> BTW: it seems that the problem has been fixed in the upcoming V2.0.2.
>> Does anybody know when that version will be released?
>>

> you can try and test a snapshot build ...
>
> regards,

Yes, I suppose that I could do it, but I trust the developers so I am
sure that the problem has been fixed.
On the other hand I don't think that releasing to the public a program
using a snapshot build would be a good idea. I think that it is better
to use an official release to avoid problems.

I could prepare a program setup that uses V2.0.0 for Vista users, but it
looks like a rather desperate solution. I hope that V 2.0.2 will be
released soon, since Vista users are rapidly growing.

Fulvio