Subject RE: [firebird-support] IP or Machine name from trigger
Author Mercea Paul
Hi ross

In FB 1.X you can't get any information you want.

In FB 2.0 you can use or context variables (rdb$get_context('SYSTEM',
'CLIENT_ADDRESS');)

In FB 2.1 (beta) you can use interrogation on monitoring tables. You have
there the user name, IP, Aplication (executable file from client), etc.

Regards,

Paul

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Ross Ryding
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 10:12 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [firebird-support] IP or Machine name from trigger

Is it possible to determine IP number or Machine name of client that is
making the request? Our application (MRP SYSTEM) has everyone making
request as default username and password which is stupid but it just
is. I want to be able to determine who is making a change to the
database from a trigger, I know how to get the time and understand what
fields are being changed but can not determine anyway to tie that to a
machine or person.

thanks ross