Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Query plan insists on NOT USING an index
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
Franz J Fortuny wrote:
> --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Dmitry Yemanov <dimitr@...>
> wrote:
>
>> Is a database the same or different? I suspect one of them has out of
>> date statistics.
>>

> The database in our office is a copy of the customer's database. Of
> course, some more rows have been added to different tables at the
> customer's site, but the structures are totally identical
Franz,

Besides the database structure (aka metadata) be identical, the data
itself could be different and lead to different plans.

If you backed up in your costumer site and restored on your office, your
database probably have indices statistics up to date, try updating the
indices statistics on your costumer site using SET STATISTCS INDEX
<Index_Name>

see you !

--
Alexandre Benson Smith