Subject Re: [firebird-support] Store large amount of Binary Data in FB
Author Milan Babuskov
Aage Johansen wrote:
> 2.
> Often, having files in a blob field is a very good solution (good
> access control, transaction control). At other times it is a good
> thing to use files (easier backup)

I'd say that backup is easier when everything is in a single database
and you just have to back it up.

If you have files in directory and database separated it's always easy
to get out of sync as database can change while you backup the directory
with files and vice versa. OTOH, when everything is in a single
database, you can be sure that you have a consistent snapshot of data.

Having files in directory is faster, but I wouldn't say it's easier to
backup.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.guacosoft.com