Subject Re: Changing column default values
Author Milan Babuskov
--- Martijn Tonies wrote:
> > However all our updates happen automatically without any tool.
[...]
> > I created a new column and moved the data, dropped the current
> > column and replaced with a new column.
> This can be done if there are no references to the column, but not
> otherwise.

Well, you can always drop all the dependencies, do the change and
recreate them. In FlameRobin it's as easy as one click on "Generate
Rebuild Script" on table's properties page. I wonder why no commercial
tool has this useful option? ;)

And for those who like to have updates automated, FlameRobin logs
everything into SQL files that are used later to update the database.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.flamerobin.org