Subject Re: [firebird-support] Migration from Interbase 6.0 to Firebird 1.5
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:39 PM 5/06/2007, Set wrote:

>I didn't think InterBase 6.0 accepted any other extention than .gdb,
>but if you've managed to do that, it is just my memory that is
>fooling me to believe that code change appeared later than it actually did.

No, it is a myth and it always was a myth. Any extension will work,
including no extension, if you so desire. The engines (IB and FB)
simply do not care how you name a database, except that it has to be
"legal" characters. I have a vague memory that placing a numeral as
the first character is illegal, but it's vague enough for me to think
I might be recalling my ancient times with IBM ebcdic naming constraints...

./heLen