Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Install Firebird automatically with my software
Author Lester Caine
yogiyang007 wrote:
>> I would suggest that you let your installation allow the user to
>> select to install Firebird or not, what if he/she already has Firebird
>> installed?
>
> That would never be the case as this product is not at all known in
> this region. In fact I will be introducing this product (sort of)!

As people have said - take care - you will be not then be surprised when you
find that your customers are more knowledgeable than you and are already using
Firebird :)
There will be less trouble with the newer versions of Firebird, but Interbase
has also appeared in products so may already be installed on a customer machine.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL