Subject Re: [firebird-support] upgrade to 2.01 loses SYSDBA password
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:44 PM 21/05/2007, you wrote:
>Hi Helen,
>
>This upgrade was on a almost clean machine with only one test database on
>it which I don't care about. So nothing to lose :)
>
>My problem is the default SYSDBA/masterkey won't work in FB 2.01 to create
>a new database.

Is this really the script you are using?

CREATE DATABASE "d:\db\MyDb.fdb"
USER "SYSDBA" PASSWORD "masterkey";

Try supplying the strings inside single quotes instead of
DQ. Double-quotes have a totally different usage in Dialect 3. You
might get away with DQ around the filespec but you'll need 'SYSDBA'
and 'masterke' for strings that are to be read from a D3 database...

./hb