Subject Re: [firebird-support] upgrade to 2.01 loses SYSDBA password
Author Kyle Green
Hi Helen,

This upgrade was on a almost clean machine with only one test database on
it which I don't care about. So nothing to lose :)

My problem is the default SYSDBA/masterkey won't work in FB 2.01 to create
a new database.

I just read Adam's message, and I _was_ using Remote Desktop over vpn. I
will try his suggestion. However I have realized that the same script
worked on another machine where I ran it using Remote Desktop (but that
machine was on the local network, no vpn).

Should it make a difference if I am using vpn? I am logged in to the
remote machine as Administrator. Both machines have identical user
accounts (though they may have different rights...)

Still trying,

Thanks,

Kyle