Subject Re: [firebird-support] Lightning fast load huge data feature at Firebird
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:02 PM 19/05/2007, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm a new bie here.
>There is any function on firebird to load huge data with lightning
>fast as MySQL (LOAD DATA INFILE) or SQLite (.import) ?

Those utilities don't come with Firebird. However, there are
third-party utilities available, including free ones such as
IBDatapump by Clever Components (
http://www.clevercomponents.com/products/datapump/ibdatapump.asp )

>Because there are many huge data today in the real world especially on
>GIS or other realtime application, they could insert few hundred
>thousand or million on a seconds. And many exchange data using the
>simple csv or tab-delimeted format.

If you can acquire the external data in fixed field length format,
you can read it directly as an external table.

>If not available now, that will be support it someday?

Probably. The code already exists to import csv. There is a reason
why it hasn't been activated, although I don't recall the reason. It
might be a question of Microsoft patents...

./hb