Subject Re: Firebird 2.0 Embedded and ODBC
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Alan McDonald" <alan@...> wrote:

> > Hey there,
> >
> > we are considering an installation with a Windows fat-client C++
> > application being based on a Firebird 2.0 database (migrated from
> > DB2). The db interface is ODBC (Gemini 2.0).
> > With SuperServer and Classic Server installation, everything works
> > fine, as well as native access to Embedded Server.
> > Having studied carefully the respective threads, I am sure it should
> > be possible to get access via ODBC in the Embedded Server
> > installation, but couldn't find out how. Could someone give me a
> > hint ? Any kind of examples are welcome as well.
> > Regards
> > Klaus
> >

> are you saying you have tried and it doesn't work?
> I would say that if you place the embeded server (client dll)
adjacent to
> the ODBC drivers and ensure that the name of the driver is what it
expects
> (in this case Gemini expects gds32.dll) and then use a local connection
> string, it should work fine.

There are also some environments where embedded does not work without
playing around with some settings.

What OS are you using? There are/were some problems with Vista and
some versions of Firebird embedded)? Also, Terminal Services needs the
Global flag in the IPCName (see notes in Firebird.conf).

Adam