Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird-embed-2.01 and a *.gdb with default character utf8
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:35 PM 12/05/2007, you wrote:
>Hi! All :
>
> I have one problem when connecting TIbDatabase to a *.gdb
>with Firebird-embed-2.01 engine. If the *.gdb is created with
>' default character set none ', connected ok; but if the *.gdb is
>created by 'default character set utf8' , then I got a message :
>"unsupported on-disk structure for file utf.gdb; found 32779, support
>10.".
> Does any one has the same problem ?
> And, Does any one know how to fix it ?

You seem to be running InterBase 6 or 6.5 on that machine, and your
application is finding the gds32.dll client in the System32
directory, instead of your (renamed) fbembed.dll locally. InterBase
doesn't support the new Firebird character sets or the new intl
structure; and it doesn't know about any on-disk structure of 11 or higher.

Set up your embedded application structure according to the
instructions on p. 114 of the release notes.

Tip: make sure that firebird.msg is available in your application directory

Then fix your **application** so that it loads the renamed
fbembed.dll and not gds32.dll from the system path. With IBX (which
is not Firebird-aware) you will have to find a way to do that so that
your app loads the regular fbclient.dll during your Delphi
development and the renamed fbembed.dll for deployment. (The
embedded model doesn't work for running your application in the Delphi IDE).

./heLen