Subject Re: [firebird-support] Strange API string truncation error
Author Richard Wesley
On May 11, 2007, at 11:32, Ivan Prenosil wrote:

> Sorry, I overlooked it. But I think you did not try the same thing:
> Your application uses UTF8 connection charset, while ISQL does not,
> right ?

(I'm impressed that you remember!)

Yes, I was wondering about that. I had just switched in the 2.0 ODBC
driver as the transport layer and it worked, but the connection
charset was set to UNICODE_FSS not UTF8. When I set it to UFT8, the
problem occured with the ODBC driver as well.

I noticed some traffic about UTF8 as a connection character set a
while back, so is this a known problem? And if so:

- Is it in the client or the server?
- Has it been fixed in 2.0.1?

TIA,
Richard Wesley Senior Software Developer Tableau
Software
Visit: http://www.trytableau.com/now.html