Subject RE: [firebird-support] VB6 Connection String
Author AJS
This is the proper coding for the Connection to VB6

'+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

dim SERVER 'This stores the name of machine acting as our DB
server...
'for local Databases use SERVER="LOCALHOST"
'for remote system...use SERVER = ip address
of the other computer

dim fname 'This is the name of the Database File..........it
shud be as local filepath...i.e. if its on a Server..i.e. a remote computer
on C:\DB\Hello.gdb

'It shud be written as
fname="c:\db\hello.gdb" and not using the mapped path to that computer...for
locals its normal db path.

dim conHO as ADODB.Connection

Dim sConnStr as String

If SERVER <> "LOCALHOST" Then
sConnStr = "Provider=ZStyle IBOLE Provider;Password=masterkey;User
ID=SYSDBA;SQL Dialect=3; Logging Level=0;Silent mode=True;Character
Set=WIN1251;Data Source=" & _
"\\" & SERVER & "\" & fname & ";Open Mode=0"
Else
sConnStr = "Provider=ZStyle IBOLE Provider;Password=masterkey;User
ID=SYSDBA;SQL Dialect=3; Logging Level=0;Silent mode=True;Character
Set=WIN1251;Data Source=" & _
fname & ";Open Mode=0"
End If
conHO.Open sConnStr

dim rs as new ADODB.Recordset

rs.open "select * from Tablename", conHO

....blah blah blah....normal ADODB stuff

if u still find probs just send me an email and i will send u the
complete test application with all reqd. files.

Amarjit Singh
Project Manager
MSoft.

_____