Subject Re: [firebird-support] ISC 335544375 database unavailable on vista
Author Bud Millwood
On Tuesday 08 May 2007 12:42, mustbeemonty wrote:

> I have installed fb154 on vista and receive the msg ISC 335544375
> database unavailable, when I try to connect?
> I have tried using both ServerAddress: 'localhost', Protocol: 'local'
> and ServerAddress: 'ServerName', Protocol: 'TCPIP' - neither work?
> Have checked and the server is running in the services.
> (all is fine on xp). Can anyone tell me how to get fb working on vista?

I just noticed that on a default Vista install, "localhost" resolves to "::1".
If Firebird is not listening on the ipv6 loopback address, that could be your
problem.

I'm not a Firebird expert, but my suggestion would be to specify "127.0.0.1"
for the ServerAddress.

- Bud

Bud Millwood
Weird Solutions, Inc.