Subject Re: Compound Index
Author pokka_chi
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Arno Brinkman"
<fbsupport@...> wrote:

> > I've tried this. The number of reads is 90320. The time is 23
seconds.

> And the returned PLAN is "PLAN (MY_TABLE ORDER MY_INDEX INDEX
(MY_INDEX))"?

Yes. Exactly.

> If yes, i miss something here.
> Column1 and Column2 are integer fields?

Yes. Both of them are integer fields.

> Do you've an ODS 11 database (created in FB2)?

Yes. I created it with FB 2.0.1.12855.

> Can you prepare a simple database where this is reproducable (only
the table you meantion)?

I will upload the zipped database to the Files section here. The
database's name is test.fdb. The table's actual name is DOC.
Column1's name is DOC_TYPE and Column2's name is DOC_ID.

Pls also note that I did the test every time after a reboot of my
Windows machine to avoid the Windows caching kicks in. Because the
whole 400MB+ database can be easily cached in Windows'memory, thus
distorting the result.

PK