Subject Re: Binary representation without parameters
Author Ritchie Annand
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Alexandre Benson Smith
<iblist@...> wrote:
> I think it will be available in future versions, but don't know if on
> 2.1 or not (I don't think so)
>
> see you !

If I knew my Firebird and C memory allocation a little better, it
would have been sorely tempting to change the code right there and
then. cmp_literal() in cme.cpp looks like the prime candidate for
adding in an alternate literal translator:

The bit of the code starting with this looks like an ideal to insert a
case, but maybe I misunderstand where the literal truly gets processed:
if (*string != '"' && *string != '\'') ...

(Actually, I don't know why there's a backslash case there - if you
put a backslash in for the start of literal, it still complains about
Token unknown)

Not for 2.1? Dang :)

-- Ritchie