Subject Re: [firebird-support] [Embedded 2.x] Compiling statically with Delphi?
Author Helen Borrie
At 02:03 PM 30/04/2007, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>I'm just beginning to learn about Firebird, and didn't information on
>whether the embedded version can be statically compiled into a Delphi
>application so that I don't have to provide anything else besides the
>EXE.

No. It is much more modular than that. Fbembed.dll is the API and
the server embedded together. As with your regular client/server
programming, all your Delphi access is via the dynamically loaded
API, through your data access components. It is also NOT an
architecture that you can use in Delphi (which requires multiple
client connections). Fb Embedded on Windows is a deployment model.

In Delphi you just write a normal application (using the full server
for development, with a local connection configured). Deploy your
Delphi executable with the bits and pieces of the embedded
client/server in the right relative places (as documented in detail
in the release notes).

./heLen