Subject Re: [firebird-support] Nearest to a fixed value
Author Alejandro Garcia
Thanks!!!!!!! It's working great!! I tested it for case1, case2 and case3 PatientIDs and for all of them returns the nearest!!

Svein Erling Tysvaer <svein.erling.tysvaer@...> escribió: That's a slightly interesting problem, Alejandro, let's see:

select T1.PatientID, T1.DateIni, min(T1.Dateend), min(T1.Days)
from ThisTable T1
where not exists(select * from ThisTable T2
where T2.PatientID = T1.PatientID
and T2.Days between T1.Days+1 and 365)
group by 1, 2

I.e. I let the where clause remove all records that are not the highest
days below 365, and then use MIN to find the first occurence. I think
the result should be the highest days < 365 or lowest days >= 365. Try
it and report back whether it works.

I assumed that if there were a record with 365, this should be returned
(you didn't say what to return in case of equality).

HTH,
Set