Subject RE: [firebird-support] SQL Question
Author Nigel Weeks
Bizarre – it works for me:

SQL> select cast('now' as timestamp) as "henry smith" from rdb$database;

henry smith
=========================

2007-04-19 17:17:05.0000

SQL>

Nige

Nigel Weeks
Tech Support and Systems Developer
Rural Press Tasmania
The Examiner Newspaper
Ph. 03 6336 7234
Mob. 0408 133 738
Email.  nweeks@...
From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Peter Dennis
Sent: Thursday, 19 April 2007 5:11 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] SQL Question

Thanks Helen.

Sorry about the non-plain text message before.

How do i do this kind of query when using the Firebird ISQL Tool?

I get this error for the following query:

SQL> select subu_name As "Suburb Name" from suburb where subu_id = 2000;
Statement failed, SQLCODE = -104
Dynamic SQL Error
-SQL error code = -104
-Token unknown - line 1, column 21