Subject Re: [firebird-support] Connection String Problem with Firebird 2.0
Author Helen Borrie
At 03:19 PM 18/04/2007, you wrote:
>when i run the query:
>
>Dim rs As New Recordset
>rs.Open "Select * from EMPLOYEES", cn, adOpenDynamic, adLockOptimistic
>
>This runtime error pops up:
>
>Run-Time Error '-2147168242( 8004d00e) ':
>Automatic Transaction mode is disabled.
>
>I use the following connection:
>
>Dim myConn As New ADODB.Connection
>Dim sConnStr As String
>
>sConnStr = "Provider=LCPI. IBProvider; Data Source=D:\MPM ---
>\MEDSYS.GDB; user=SYSDBA; password= masterkey"
>
>myConn.ConnectionSt ring = sConnStr
>myConn.Open
>
>I'm a new user of Firebird. How can i fix this bug?

? bug ?

It seems your first stop needs to be an IBProvider forum so you can
confirm that you are approaching this the right way. I don't do VB
or Ole-db but at least looking at the connection examples at the
IBProvider website your connection string syntax is wrong....

Their forum links are here:
http://www.ibprovider.com/forum/

./heLen