Subject Re: [firebird-support] Sum of rows
Author Alejandro Garcia
Yes, thanks, you are right, this one works perfect :

select PatientID, Date, Tester, Sum(Points) as SumPoints
from table
where Items in ('itemA', 'itemB', 'itemC')
group by PatientID, Date, Tester

Svein Erling Tysvaer <svein.erling.tysvaer@...> escribió:
Why not simply something like:

insert into summaryTable(PatientID, Date, Tester, SumPoints)
select PatientID, Date, Tester, sum(Points)
from MyTable
group by 1, 2, 3

HTH,
Set