Subject Re: Firebird 2 documentation
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Zlatkho <zlatkho@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am searching documentation for Firebird 2, like the language
reference guide available for Interbase 6, that lists statements,
functions, datatypes and more. The only way I found to obtain this
information is to read the IB6 manuals and then Firebird 1.5.4 Release
Notes and finally Firebird 2.0.1 Release Notes. Does such a
documentation exists for Firebird 2 ?

Not really, you followed the right process. IIRC, the IB documentation
was never open sourced so it would be a quite a large task to
undertake with little to gain. There is The Firebird Book which is an
excellent reference volume. I am not sure whether it has been updated
for FB 2 yet, but it certainly has all the 1.5 features and is worth
every cent.

Adam