Subject Re: Trasnfer data from database to another database of firebird
Author mauleen2001
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Tonies"
<m.tonies@...> wrote:

> > If you want to transfer everything, DDL and DATA,
> > just copy the db file and rename it
>
> Only copy when the server process has been stopped!
>
> And this won't work for multi-file databases.
>

> I suggest you use a datapump tool, like the one inside
> Database Workbench :-)
>
> Martijn Tonies
> Database Workbench - development tool for Firebird and more!
> Upscene Productions
> http://www.upscene.com
> My thoughts:
> http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
> Database development questions? Check the forum!
> http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

For example say DB1 and DB2. DB2 is a copy of DB1. Only difference is
that DB1 is having records and DB2 is empty. Now I am trying to write
a query from which I can insert a particular record from DB1 to DB2. I
have written following query

"Insert Into [DB2].Table1 select * from Table1 where ID = 10;"

Is it possible to cross - database access through query?
which is supported by oracle and MS-Sqlserver. Can firebird support or
not?