Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird CS on Solaris 10
Author Helen Borrie
At 10:59 AM 23/02/2007, you wrote:
>I installed Firebird 1.5.3 CS on Solaris and get an error
>INET/inet_error: connect errno = 146
>in the log any time I try connecting to a database. Anyone knows what
>this means and how to fix it?

Yes, it means one of three things:

1) inetd is not running
or
2) inetd is running but it hasn't been configured to listen for
connection requests from Firebird clients
or, those aside,
3) your firewall is blocking connections through the tcp/ip port that
is configured for gds_db (i.e. usually port 3050)

How to fix it? Well, check all of those things. If it turns out to
be (2) then you need to run the install script that you should find
in Firebird's /bin directory.

./heLen