Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: how can we convert a Interbase 7.5 database back to Firebird
Author Milan Babuskov
Alan McDonald wrote:
>>The Database is nearly 160 GB not really possible to Datapump.
>
> might take a while but if you used the embedded server on both source and
> target, the throughput would be very fast.

I don't know of any tool that can use embedded two different versions
simultaneously. It would require that each connection runs in separate
thread and load it's own copy of gds.dll/fbclient.dll. I haven't seen
any datapump tool that is able to do that.

Anyway, using Classic on Linux would make it possible and very fast, but
only datapump tool that I know of on Linux is FBCopy and it doesn't
support InterBase - at least, AFAIK, nobody tried to use it with IB.

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.guacosoft.com