Subject Re: Looking for Firebird SQL reference
Author atlioddsson
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Alexandre Benson Smith
<iblist@...> wrote:

> atlioddsson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking for some reference / manual that lists e.g. all the
> > functions supported by Firebird and their purpose, datatypes, etc.
> >
> > Also I'd like to get more help on stored procedure syntax.
> >
> > Basically I'm looking for a programmers reference manual.
> >
> > I've been looking all over the net for this but haven't found anything
> > remotely like what I had in mind. If anybody could point me to some
> > documentation, that would be highly appreciated!
> >
> > Thanks
> > Atli
> >
> > BTW, I'm using Firebird embedded (v.1.5), not that it should matter (I
> > don't care if the manual applies only to v. 2.0, although 1.5 would be
> > nicer).
> >

> The Firebird Book from Helen Borrie.
>
> You could search the web for the IB 6.0 docs, add the FB 1.0 and 1.5
> release notes, and you will get enough.
>
> see you !
>
> --
> Alexandre Benson Smith

Thanks, that was exactly what I needed to know! I found everything I
wanted under the "InterBase 6.0 Manuals" section of
http://www.firebirdsql.org/?op=doc (I didn't think of using the
Interbase docs although I know Firebird is a spin-off project)

I will take a closer look at the book if I have to dive deeper into
Firebird development :)

Thanks
Atli