Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird and Windows Vista
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At February 13, 2007, 8:30 AM, Brad Lee wrote:

> Is Firebird 1.5 or 2.0 compatible with Windows Vista? If not, is there a
> version on Firebird that is compatible with Vista?

> I have done some testing with Firebird 1.5 and 2.0 running locally on Vista
> Business and I can't seem to get it to make a database connection through
> IBOConsole or Ibexpert. The application I am trying to run is written in
> Delphi 5/BDE with Firebird as the back end. Any suggestions in getting this
> to run under Vista will be greatly appreciated.

Which protocol are you using? TCP/IP with localhost? Or, FB's local
protocol? The problem is that all the services run in Session 0 on
Vista, and that the first user that logs on is in session 1(you are
practically running in a terminal services session). While in WinXP,
it would be Session 0 for both the services and the first user that
logs on.

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail