Subject Re: [ib-support] Meaning of transaction in relation to the prepare statement
Author Stan
Hi All

There is no way to share prepared statements across connections?

I have a multi-threaded "data-inserter". Each thread creates
its own connection, prepares ~10 statements, executes them
a bunch of times and cleans up.

I have problem, where 4-10 threads hang on the "isc_prepare_statement"
call for 20-60 seconds, when I have 50 simultaneous threads trying to
prepare their statements. Other threads prepare their statements
in under 1 sec, but also seem to hang on the actual statement
executions. Once the stuck isc_prepare_statements return, it
proceeds beautifully fast.

Is this a problem with the Server? Ideally I would prepare the
statements once for all the connections and then just batch execute
them in different transactions.

any other suggestions to get around this hang?

FB 1.5.3 and FB 2.0
Windows XP Pro SP2
Athlon X2 4400
2 GB Ram.