Subject Re: [firebird-support] Sets in like operator
Author Milan Babuskov
marc_guillot wrote:
> Something like : (costumers starting whth a, b, c, d or f)
>
> select * from costumer where name like '[a-f]%'

That's a regular expression. It is not supported by Firebird
out-of-the-box. Perhaps there is some UDF library that has such function
(regex_match or similar), but I don't know of it.

> (I know I can build a query with some clauses separated with or, but I
> will prefer to not have to generate dinamic querys).

Perhaps:

where substrlen(name 1, 1) in ('a', 'b', 'c', 'd', 'e', 'f')

OR

where name between 'a' and 'fzzzzzzzzzz'

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.guacosoft.com