Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Natural Plan when grouping by 5 indexed columns?
Author Richard Wesley
On Jan 31, 2007, at 16:28, Adam wrote:

> Why do you need to group by unless you have aggregates or a having
> clause?

Because one is trying to view the dimension structure?

> It is quite possible an optimisation noone has considered writing
> because it seems at first glance to me to be unusual query.

Adding an aggregation (SUM("Gross Profit")) to the WHERE did not
change the plan or the speed, so it looks like the "artificiality" of
the query is not the problem. Which makes me happy - I would have
been surprised if the optimiser was that particular.
Richard Wesley Senior Software Developer Tableau
Software
Visit: http://www.trytableau.com/now.html