Subject RE: [firebird-support] Obfuscation feature for SP as in ORACLE?
Author Yusuf Celik
Hi,

The only reason I bring up what ORACLE can do is just make sure I
explain my question properly.
If I send an ALTER PROCEDURE statment with the new SP source, the new SP
source will be seen on the clients side.
The new SP is not obfuscated, right?

Thanks in advance
Yusuf

________________________________

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Martijn Tonies
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 1:40 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Obfuscation feature for SP as in ORACLE?

Hi,

> What I f I need to send an updated version of my SP?

Send the ALTER PROCEDURE statement follow by an UPDATE
of the procedure system table?

> In ORACLE you can send an obfuscated procedure and compile it on the
> client side server like compiling a source.

Whatever, I can continue mentioning stuff you can do in Oracle, but
this won't bring us closer to a solution on Firebird :-)

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, NexusDB,
Oracle &
MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com <http://www.upscene.com>
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/ <http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/>
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
<http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com>

Bu e-mail'in tum icerigi gonderenin kisisel tasarrufu ile olusturulmus ve gonderilmistir. Oyak Teknoloji Bilisim ve Kart Hizmetleri A.S. bu e-mail icerigi hakkinda sorumluluk kabul etmez.
This e-mail has been sent by the sender under his/her own individual discretion. Oyak Teknoloji Bilisim ve Kart Hizmetleri A.S. accepts no responsibility.