Subject RE: [firebird-support] Upper case behaviour
Author Doug Chamberlin
At 09:09 AM 12/4/2007, Svein Erling Tysvær wrote:
>I doubt you'll succeed in convincing the Firebird coders to leave the case
>as is and not uppercase it. I agree with you that mixed case is more
>readable, but readability isn't a good reason for breaking the SQL
>standard - even as a configuration option.

I think that leaving metadata identifiers intact (as originally defined),
without upper casing or lower casing them, would improve Firebird
enormously. From what SET has said here, and from what I have read
elsewhere, doing this will NOT violate the SQL standards as long as
processing of these identifiers is done in a non-case sensitive way.
Handling of quoted identifiers, of course, would remain unchanged.