Subject Re: [firebird-support] CAST() as TimeStamp / Date need in regional setting
Author Richard Wesley
On 23 Nov 2007, at 23:52, Bhavbhuti Nathwani wrote:

> I recently used CAST(tDt AS DATE) (TIMESTAMP field as DATE) in one of
> my SELECT and the date came up as 2007-11-24,

This is ISO format and is appropriate for the server.

> is it possible to get
> the date in the computer's regional setting for eg. 24/11/2007?

It sounds like you want to use the server's locale to format a date
for display on the client side. Why not just get the date back from
the server and format it using the client machine's locale? That way
you can present the correctly data to all users, not just those with
the same settings as the server.

Richard Wesley Senior Software Developer Tableau
Software
Visit: http://www.trytableau.com/now.html