Subject Re: Newbie: SELECT works OK, but in an SP returns a NULL
Author Bhavbhuti Nathwani
Hi Helen

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:

> At 06:09 PM 23/11/2007, you wrote:
>
>Then forget about joining to a stored procedure. It's a really bad
idea, maybe useful once in a hundred years when you have a retrieval
to do that can't be done any other way.

OK

>In SQL, the simpler, the better.
>
> CREATE VIEW Narration (

OK

> Note that the query can be done in one, without any need to create
any kind of virtual set to join to, i.e., simplified further:

Yes, I understand, but my other requirement is that I want the user to
be able to change the concatenation strings, putting it along with the
SELECT, the user will be prone to fiddling some more and mess the
query itself. Thus, I was interested in using SP so that if they have
to change they just change the SP code, but I get your point clear in
terms of using SP this way.

> And I hope you understand the difference between inner and outer
joins...

Not as much as others but yes I know the difference.

Thanks for your responses and bearing with me.

Regards
Bhavbhuti