Subject Re: [firebird-support] Error while trying to create stored procedure - invalid request BLR at offset 218
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:41 PM 15/11/2007, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to create a stored procedure from a delphi application and I'm
>getting this error:
>
>*invalid request BLR at offset 218
>undefined message number

My eyes are too tired to do the counting, but count the characters from the beginning up to the 218th byte and I think you might land in the marked place:

>*This is my stored procedure's code:*
>*
>VALUES
> (SUBSTRING(: <--- VENDA_ID FROM 1 FOR 16) || SUBSTRING(:FINANCEIRO_ID FROM 17),

If you apply SUBSTRING() to an expression you need an extra pair of brackets enclosing the expression, viz.

(SUBSTRING((:VENDA_ID) FROM 1 FOR 16) || SUBSTRING((:FINANCEIRO_ID) FROM 17),

Goodnight.
./heLen