Subject Re: Dynamic name in a stored procedure
Author randallsell
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Salvatore Besso <s.besso@...>
wrote:

> sorry, I meant variables instead of parameters, but you are not allowed
> to use both like you are trying to.
>
> Regards
> Salvatore

Yes, clearly I figured that out when I tried to compile. The real
question is - how does one do this? How do I call a single stored
procedure from the client, which returns different results (WHERE
criteria) to the client?

I am trying to keep the business logic fully contained in the server.
Yes it would be a breeze to place some logic on the Delphi client end
that calls one of two different SELECT statements - but that misses
the objective.

regards,
-randall