Subject Re: [firebird-support] Database error
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:17 AM 12/11/2007, you wrote:
>My girlfriend was using a software to finish her college work, and she
>installed some new programs, I think it down/upgraded the version of
>interbase, I really don't know what happned, I've tried to start windows
>with the last valid conf., tried to use gfix, gbak, ems, ibexpert, ibeasy,
>all trys give me the same error: "Unsupported on-disk structure for file
>C:\blablabla\CONTABIL.GDB;found 0.0, support 11.0.". She only have a week to
>finish this helly thing.... help me to help her please.... (its a freaking
>year of work)
>

>You can check the file by downloading the GDB file...
>http://www.brdigital.com/CONTABIL.zip (16.3mb)

Fixed it for you. Can be downloaded here:

http://www.firebird-books.net/files/CONTABIL_recovered.zip

1. Keep a copy in a very safe place
2. Tell your gf to make backups (with gbak!!)
3. Tell your gf to make sure she always has plenty of disk space
4. If possible, she should stick with Fb 1.5 (not 2.0) and NOT use InterBase 6.

cheers,
./heLen