Subject Re: [firebird-support] problem solved...in part
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:13 AM 9/11/2007, you wrote:
>I have solved the immediate problem, but it seems like a workaround
>so I am leaving the entire original message intact below in case
>someone can tell me what is going on.
>
>I noticed that the select for the RDB$Indices reported <null> for
>Index_Inactive. So with a newly created table with no rows, I created
>my FK and then did a backup and restore. Then when I looked at this
>query again, the Index_Inactive was = 1, not <null>. Now I can import
>my data.
>
>Anyone know what is going on here?

I think possibly the original problem arose because you didn't commit the transaction that performed the DDL before starting to pump in the data.

internal gds software consistency check (partner index description
not found (175))

At that point the engine knew a foreign key had been requested but, because it had not been committed, the enforcing index was not created yet.

Always keep DDL and DML in separate transactions and commit all DDL before commencing any DML operations.

./heLen