Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird and spatial data (GIS-related)
Author Lester Caine
Marcelo wrote:
> Hi all
> Does anybody knows if there is any proyect or standards related to
> the storage of GIS-related data and querying, speciallly in Firebird?
> I just started a small proyect and would like to use standard formats
> to store latitude-longitude data and do some querying like:
> Give me all the records that have overlaping polygons.
> Forgive if this question is a little out of the main topic.

It's probably more appropriate as a development discussion, but it would be
nice to see OpenGIS available for Firebird. It should be possible to do a lot
of the work via a UDF library initially and hopefully move that into a module
for the engine later?

The 'standard' is very well documented
http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/
Although copying the PostGIS version of