Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: "Generators" via table data
Author Ann W. Harrison
tdtappe wrote:

> But when I think about it, it must be of course the "sleep" of the
> other clients after having got a deadlock on the previous attempt.

Unless you're using NO_WAIT transactions, the transaction that got
a deadlock can retry immediately. The error isn't returned until
the previous transaction is finished. If you've got three or four
transactions running simultaneously, some transactions may get
several deadlocks in a row, but eventually they should get in. If
the successful transaction goes on to store a record in another
table, you should get pretty good distribution.

Regards,

Ann