Subject Re: Overwrite existing dtabase file when creating database
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "georgeyod" <georgeyod@...>
wrote:

> I'm using windows xp,visual studio 2005, embeded version 1.5.3 and
> receive the following error when trying to create a new database file
> using overwrite set to TRUE to overwrite a previously created database
> file.
>
> here is my code:
>
> FbConnection.CreateDatabase(DBConnectionBuilder.ConnectionString, True)
>

> This is the error message:
>
> I/O error for CreateFile(create) "<filename>"
> Error while trying to create file
>

> It creates a new database file without any problems if the file doesnt
> exist.
>
> any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Solution 1:

Delete the file from your .NET application before attempting to
connect (that is all Firebird does when you set the overwrite flag
anyway).

Solution 2:
Your question is about using the .NET components. People in the .NET
list are more likely to know the answer to your question. (link
available from www.firebirdsql.org).

Adam