Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Updating index statistics
Author = m. Th =
Ann W. Harrison wrote:
> lacakus wrote:
>
>> If I understand it correctly, when :
>> 1. I create a new database, tables, constraints and indexes (new empty
>> database)
>> 2. then I start working with this database, so insering, updating,
>> deleting rows in tables
>> 3. and I newer run set statistics, alter index or backup/restore
>> 4. then statistics information (on indexes) newer changes (from step
>> 1) ?
>>

> That's right.

Yes, and with this we must fight :) AFAIS, very few users take care to
update their statistics and complain that the Firebird is slow. Never
forget: "When every thing is going ok the glory is attributed to the
user, when something is going wrong the programmer is to blame". Here,
you are the programmer <g>. I'm with you :-) (Perhaps you can help to
find the best solution on the thread from the 'devel' list).

All best wishes,

m. th.